05 May 2010

About Shea



Thanks for visiting Blissfully Unrefined, and welcome! My goal for this site is to make it a central place where people can come to learn about food, how their bodies use it, and get some great wholesome recipes as well. I started this site as a way not only to share the knowledge I have, but as a learning experience as well. If there's a topic you'd like to see me cover on this site, please send me an email at BlissfullyUnrefined [at] gmail.com! As I am just starting out, and my followers are very few, I will respond to any email I get for the forseeable future.



What do you need to know about me? Most importantly, I LOVE food. Always have (wanted to be a caterer when I was 14). I love to cook, and more importantly, I love to eat. 

Some important things to note at this point: I am not a doctor, a nutritionist, or a registered dietitian, and I do not hold any medical degrees or an ID badge from the USDA.  Nothing I say here has been evaluated by the FDA. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Also, I am not a granola crunching vegan hippie, a food-Nazi psycho, a rich elitist trustfunder. There's nothing wrong with any of these things, I'm just stating a fact. I am simply a regular gal who happens to know a thing or two about food.

So what makes me qualified to tell you anything?

Short timeline of my life: I was skinny, and unhappy. Then I got fat, and even more unhappy (gaining 65 pounds will do that to you). I spent years focusing on the weight, until I started to focus on the HEALTH. You can diet, and get skinny and still be unhealthy. When I was skinny I was unhealthy. I decided I was going to focus on being healthy instead. I decided, it doesn't matter what the scale says as long as I take care of my body. The rest will inevitably follow. Now I am healthy at 165, and happier with myself than I ever was at 145 lbs. I have done a lot of research, and have made a lot of life changes; by doing so I have learned a lot on the way, but there's a lot more out there to discover. 

That is where this blog comes in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails