17 June 2010

Under the weather...

Hello loyal readers!

As you might have noticed, I haven't posted much this week. I've been a little under the weather, and this morning woke up with a pretty bad toothache/earache (not really sure which specifically is aching, since a problem in one can cause the other...). Anyway, I am working diligently on a post that I think will be pretty interesting - the Fat Acceptance movement, and its implications. It's all about equality and like-mindedness for fat individuals (I'm not being un-PC by saying "fat" by the way; according to those in the movement, they prefer "fat" to "overweight" or "obese"), and acceptance of oneself.

I will examine the basics tenets of this grassroots movement, and compare the pros and cons of such a movement. I hope you'll check back (I am aiming to have this post up tomorrow). Although I don't intend to offer a judgment one way or the other, I will examine the benefits and dangers to such a movement.

Talk to you soon!

-Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails